Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Four Months!

Colin had his four month appointment! Can you believe that he is already that old? When I was carrying him before he was born it felt like he would never get here and now he is already four months old!!!!

He was 15 lbs 2 oz and 24 3/4 inches long. He was about 50th percentile for both. The doctor checked the chart and at the same age Gavin was 27 inches! So, if this is a trend, Gavin will be the taller brother. He is a little lighter than Gavin, but only about a pound. The trend for Colin seems to be that he is going to be the shorter brother, but very solid. It seems that Gavin is always tall and lean.

He has just started bringing his fingers to his mouth a lot and has even found his thumb. I am SO NOT encouraging that. After all, you can take away a pacifier, but not a thumb...He also sometimes grabs toys or other things, although I think at least part of the time is accidental. He has also started taking the pacifier out of his mouth and sometimes puts it back (once again, probably accidentally). He even once got a hold of the wrong end and tried to put the button part in his mouth. That was cute.

He smiles socially and it seems that he has almost giggled a couple of times. He is still in our room because I fear for his life if I were to put him in the same room as his brother. Gavin likes to climb into the crib and has even "moved in" with his pillow while I have been in there and the the baby was in crib as well. He also likes to pick the baby up, which could be very bad if I weren't around. I think that Gavin might love him to death accidentally if I put him in there now. Not sure when the right time will be.