Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Our Family

Our Family

Monday, December 20, 2010

Ouch!

As I wrote before, the kids had the entire week of Thanksgiving off from school. On Wednesday, I took Gavin to the park and we met Aunt Staci along with Uncle Richard and Aunt Natalie (as well as the kids that come with the parents) to play tennis. We were in the last set and I was going to be leaving to eat a late lunch and put the kids to bed when I went for a shot, leaving the ground and then landed on the side of my foot, twisting my ankle. We heard a pop... Richard had an emergency ice pack in his car, so I used it. If you don't want to see my feet, don't look! ;-)

These first pictures were from Thanksgiving evening. I hobbled around that whole day. Philip told me I should stay off my feet. Yeah, right! When I don't have kids to chase and take care of, maybe...





For comparison, this is my uninjured ankle.



Six days after my injury, I could walk fine, so I decided to go for a run. SUCH A BAD MOVE! My ankle started hurting again, and a bruise appeared...



I am planning not to run again until January; if it's still hurting then, I guess I will have to suck it up and go to the doctor... :-(

No comments: