Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Our Family

Our Family

Friday, February 11, 2011

It's chore time!


I have been eyeing chore charts for a while that I have seen at the store and I finally decided to do it!  This is a dry erase one with magnets that they put when the chore is done.  Right now we will obviously only be using it with Gavin, but there is also the option to choose a color of star for each child and writing the name of the child in the square for the chore that is theirs.  For now Gavin puts a star for each chore he has done and I drew pictures since he doesn't read yet.  I like the chart so far for one kid, but I'm not sure how I will like it for more than one, although I will probably have different chores for each child at that point, instead of writing out the very basic things like I did.  Although I could split the chores in half and have Gavin's on top and Colin's on bottom, but I guess we will see what happens.  So far on the chart there is (in case you don't understand my crude drawings) putting clothes in laundry, putting dirty dishes in sink, brushing teeth, and putting toys away (represented by his favorite toy: the train).  So far so good on the chores.  I can now tell him he won't get a star if he doesn't do what I ask and it seems to help a little.

No comments: