Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Garden Update

I have planted spinach and carrots!  One our to-do list for this summer are pumpkins (a different variety) watermelon, green beans, and peas.  All of the peas from fall are pretty much dead.  


I didn't have much luck with carrots the last time I planted them, I only got ONE and it was BITTER.  I thought I would try a different variety, especially because Gavin wanted to plant some. 


This sprouted where I planted spinach, it's now bigger and I'm not sure it IS spinach, LOL.  


We have had pretty good luck on the Swiss Chard (other than the fact that the chickens were eating it all for a while).  Gavin LOVES to pick it and seems to like eating it as well.  Unfortunately while picking off a leaf he pulled out a WHOLE plant and it withered a few days later even though I tried to put it back in the ground.  Now we have one plant left.


SO cute!

 

Bad finger!  I have to remind myself not to have any fingers out when taking a picture with my phone!


We are getting a couple of CARROTS!  Yay!  Can you pick them out?


No comments: