Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Strive for the Summit Challenge!

I have a running app that is really useful that I love called Strava.  They put up challenges for people to better themselves and become involved.  I decided to do their "Strive for the Summit Run Challenge," to do 10,000 feet during the month of May.  I did it! 


Here I am one morning running up one of the hills I regularly ran during the challenge with my friend, Dori.  It was EARLY.  We would meet at 5:15 am while it was still dark so that we could avoid running with our kids in the stroller.  I would run with either Dori, Liz, or both.  Once by myself, much to Philip's chagrin.  My final overall rank was 315 and 42 among women.  I completed the challenge, but didn't go much above that.  I slowed way down in the end.  It was a great experience, though, really got me moving!


One of my morning hill runs.  Thought it was a pretty cool shot with the lights!



No comments: