Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Gavin's Protest

I have been thinking about weaning Gavin from his nursing at this nap times, but hadn't tried it at all yet. Today I finally decided to do it. So instead of nursing him before his first nap, I gave him some yogurt and then put him down. He seemed fine at that nap. At Gavin's second nap, however, he was crying for probably half an hour and I went into nurse him, figuring maybe I should only wean him from one nap at a time. He had made this neat (for a one year old) pile of just about everything in his crib. We think he was saying, "Give me the milk lady, or I will not go to sleep!"

Doesn't he look so satisfied with himself?



I nursed him, but he's still awake now and it's been over an hour since I first put him down. So, maybe the nursing wasn't the problem after all. I'm not sure what's going on with him. He seems to be changing his schedule; for the past two days he hasn't woken up for his morning nursing until about 6:00 (which has been oh so nice, I'm not complaining), then he has slept until about 8:30 am (yay!), whereas he is usually awake and ready to get out of the crib by 7:30, sometimes even 7:00. Who knows why kids do anything.

1 comment:

jojomynx said...

2 words - growth spurt.