Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Good-Bye, Great Grandpa!

My grandfather, Phil Longwell Wilson, passed away on Monday, September 21, at the age of 93. Yes, he is the one that I just made the collage of Gavin and my dad for a few weeks ago on his birthday.

Monday was his funeral. Gavin and I attended along with my father. It was an open casket and at the end I took Gavin up to see him. I said, "Remember Great Grandpa?" and from the innocent mind of a two-year-old came, "Sleeping." All I could do was cry and say, "Yes, Great Grandpa is sleeping."

Here is a collage that my Uncle Phillip (and yes, for those of you who don't know, I did marry a man with the same name as my uncle) made up of his adult life.



Here is the casket at the grave site.



He and his wife, Ruth, (who passed away in 1996) rest under this beautiful tree in the cemetery.



Here is what we could see of Grandma's headstone. (We couldn't see the whole thing since my Grandpa is to be buried right next to her.) He was my last surviving Grandparent.

1 comment:

Carolyn Loveridge said...

We are sorry to hear of your Grandpa's passing. He leaves a fine legacy in his children and grandchildren. Please express our sympathy to your family for us.