Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Our Family

Our Family

Friday, April 9, 2010

The Gavinator Stories and Updates

I thought what he did with this blanket was cute: it looks like he is "King Gavin."



I have a policy of no trains outside, since it would be easy to ruin or break them. He had one of his Thomas trains in his hand and I told him he couldn't take it outside. Then he grabbed this train and said, "How about this one?"



Gavin began potty training one week ago today! No success the first day, but peed on the potty the second. Then there was Easter and all that excitement, then we went to the zoo, and then the park the next morning. Then the next day I went shopping in the morning and all these things distracted him from going in the potty. So he's only had a few successes, including trying to go poo on the potty once, but I think he is getting it. There is no way I could have stayed home for a week straight without going crazy... so I will take what I can get. We have also been spending time outside, and I don't expect him to be able to make it to the potty from outside, so if we were inside I know he would have done better (although when we were outside he peed off of the side of the trampoline, so he is definitely aware). One of the times he went out of sight for a while and it turns out he went poo! He told me about it right away and showed it to me. Don't worry, I didn't take a picture, hehehe. I now know that he knows when he is going and he can make it to the potty, but just needs practice. I am not even worried about nighttime or nap time, those will come in time. Whenever we are home he is either naked (I have let him do that outside) or in big boy pants. I hope to have many more successes soon.



Gavin sitting on his brother as he likes to do for some reason. He is putting on his potty sticker that he had given to the baby. He was taking it back.



Sorry these last two pictures are sideways, I love the look on Colin's face in this last one. It looks to me as if he is thinking, "What are you going to do to me?"

2 comments:

Carolyn Loveridge said...

Seems to me mom's brought potty chairs to swim lessons and used them outside when they were potty training. It might work for Gavin (if you want to go to that much trouble).

Unknown said...

yeah for big boy Gavin...he is so smart