Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Reduce, REUSE, recycle!

In this case I reused an old address book I had from my high school and early college days.  I figure that most people don't live with their parents anymore and all of my friends have returned from their church missions, so probably none of the addresses are correct, unless perhaps I wanted to get in touch with people via their parents, but I think I am probably Facebook friends with a lot of them anyway.  I have always thought Anne Geddes pictures were cute, so I decided to make an alphabet book from it for my kids! I cut the stitching in the binding and used a razor blade to cut the pages as neatly as I could from the binding.  Then I used my paper cutter to trim the edges.  Next I used a glue stick to paste the pages back to back--so that those old addresses weren't showing!  I used the title page as a cover and on the last page I used my paper cutter and some colored card stock to back since they didn't come out even.  Then I laminated them, punched holes in them, and used rings to bind them together.  I think it turned out pretty well!


 I am not going to take a picture of all of the pages, but here are a couple to give you an idea: 



Most of the pages are pretty obvious what they represent.  Above is E for egg and F for fairy and below is J for jack-in-the-box, but what is I for?  Individual?  If you have any ideas, let me know so I can use it as what to tell my kids when I am reading it to them.  Thanks!

No comments: