Monday, March 24, 2008
Adventures in Parenting
I don't have a picture to go with this story because I was just trying to take care of the situation... Gavin and I go for a walk every weekday morning. Before we go I have to eat, feed him, nurse him, and change into my workout clothes. Lately I have been bringing my clothes out to the living room to change, but this time I decided it wouldn't be that long and I would change in my bathroom. I was changing my clothes when the cat walked into the bedroom and I heard movement in the LITTER BOX!!! I went dashing into the bathroom and rinsed the litter off and washed Gavin's hands with soap, hoping I'd caught it before it entered the mouth...but I hadn't...so I swept what I could out of his mouth, but I'm almost 100% sure he swallowed some. So I called Philip and a friend. I had already previously read the cat litter container and it didn't say anything about accidental ingestion. My friend called poison control and they told her it was nontoxic and that there wasn't any action listed for it, so just to watch him and make sure he gets plenty of liquids so he doesn't get stopped up. I need to get the number for poison control because (knock on wood) I think I should have it in case something like this ever comes up again. We will be getting a baby gate for the bathroom so that the cat can get to his potty box, but Gavin can't. Fun times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment