
For those of you who are parents, you know the fun and challenges that come along with feeding time. Oh how things were simpler when he was only nursing. Comes in one flavor, always likes it, takes it easily. Lately he's been refusing to finish some foods or even eat some foods that he has liked before. He also will refuse to try some new foods completely. Today when I was trying to feed him lunch, he ate a few bites of green beans, then refused. I persisted and then he opened his mouth a bit. Then I went in for the kill and he quickly closed it before I had a chance to get it in there! He faked me out well! (I eventually did get him to eat some more.)
Another funny thing happened at breakfast. Notice the pocket in the bib. It apparently has dual purposes. The parent wants to keep the baby neat and clean and catch any food that might slide down the bib that started up around the mouth area. Gavin has been trying out Cheerios and biter biscuits and they quite often make it into the pocket. This morning I just gave Gavin a bunch of Cheerios while I got things ready for him to eat. I came back and he had a biter biscuit! Apparently he was just saving it for later! (As you can guess, I don't bother emptying the pocket!)




No comments:
Post a Comment