I just thought I'd do an all about me moment here. A while back Philip thought that I should talk to Jessica about starting a garden. I thought it was good idea because then it would give me something productive to do while I am outside while Gavin plays. So, we talked to Jessica and a few weeks later she started making me a planter to use outside. She did a fabulous job and worked very hard on it. So now I'm doing what Jessica tells me to do to prepare the soil for the spring because I know nothing about gardening. I've turned the soil and added manure and she's added beans that sprouted in order to get more organic material. Gavin loves to play in the planter. If you have any suggestions about what to plant that will be hearty and easy (after all I have trouble keeping houseplants alive because I forget to water them!) let me know. Any suggestions are appreciated.


The chickens are also doing their part to help get the soil ready.

Project 2: Cross stitching
I seem to go through phases on what I like to do in my spare time. I cross stitched a lot for a while, but it has been a long time since I've done it. In fact, the project I'm currently working on I originally started when I was pregnant with Gavin, but never finished. So, I decided I needed something to do while I waited for my appointments at the OB office because it seems that I always have a wait and that I'm never actually seen at my appointment time, so I picked up this project again. Since I didn't finish it before Gavin was born it's not really for any baby in particular. It will probably end up hanging on the wall in Gavin's room when I'm finished. Philip thinks Care Bears are okay for both boys and girls, so I will work no matter what.
Here is what it will look like when it's finished:

Here is how much I have finished. I had to try the most complicated part first, huh? The only swing with two Care Bears!




No comments:
Post a Comment