Gavin finally discovered that he can pull up all the way in his crib. He did it yesterday for Philip and for me, separately. Today decided to do it at nap time and not go to sleep. At his first nap he cried for about an hour. I even gave him ibuprofen thinking he might be in pain, but he still wouldn't go to sleep. I ended up rocking him to sleep about an hour and a half after his scheduled nap time. A friend of mine suggested playing music for him, but I don't have a CD player. At his second nap, he started to do the same thing, but after about five minutes I took him out and tried to rock him to sleep. He wasn't interested, he wanted to look around. So I put him back in bed, rubbed his back for a little bit, and he went to sleep. Just now at bedtime, he started doing the same thing, so I took a couple of pictures. He cried for probably ten or fifteen minutes before I took the pictures, thus the red face. (I'm such a mean mom, huh? Taking pictures of my child in distress!) After I took the pictures, I picked him up and put him back down on his tummy to sleep. He was SO hot because he worked himself up. I then got onto the computer and after about five minutes I thought he fell asleep, but then he fussed a bit more. Hopefully he's really asleep now. The joys of parenthood. If it's not one thing, it's another.

This is his new thing, I found him like this earlier today as well. He must be tired, but he's so stubborn! Gee, I wonder where he gets it. Could be from either one of us!




4 comments:
I have a CD player and a CD to try.
We actually found we do have a CD player. It is Jen's alarm clock. We would still welcome recommendations on CDs.
We use Disney's Lullaby Album, Brite Dreams by Janeen Brady and another multicultural one I can show you later.
Cool, thanks.
Post a Comment