Gavin and I were in the car driving around the local park which has ducks. He said to me, "Mommy, say duck." So I did. He then said, "Yes, duck. Disxactly." (Exactly.)
I was in the kitchen doing dishes, Gavin was watching a movie, and Colin was laying down on the couch. I heard noises (no crying) from the kids in the living room, but I didn't think much of it because it's not unusual for Gavin to try to play with his brother. Next thing I know, Gavin is walking into the kitchen with the baby! He was doing a good job of it for a two year old, he wasn't carrying him by his arms or neck; he had his arms around his back underneath his arms, carrying him parallel to his own body.
One of Gavin's grandmas got him a cute train shirt that has a steam engine with snow, a dog, and it says "little engineer." She also bought him some matching pants, but I hadn't put them on him yet because I thought that they were still too big. So, this morning I decided to try them on him. I put them on him with the tag still on and as I thought, they were too big. But, I decided he'd wear them anyway. He was wandering around the house for a little while and I decided to cut the tag. I went into the kitchen and the scissors were sticking part way out of the drawer (which has a child safety on it). I went to look for the tag on his pants and couldn't find it. I asked Gavin if he cut it and at first he didn't say anything. Then he said, "I cut it." Sure enough, I found the cut off tag on the counter!!! I guess we need to keep the scissors farther back in the drawer because it opens up a couple of inches, obviously far enough to get them out. Now that he uses scissors to cut at school, I guess he thinks he can use them anytime.
Here he is in the outfit, even though you can't see the front of his shirt.




No comments:
Post a Comment