Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Pregnancy/Previa Update
I had my appointment with my doctor and the official results from the ultrasound. She said that I still have marginal previa, which means that the placenta is still covering the opening to the cervix a little bit. What this means for me and the baby: another ultrasound at 34 weeks to check to see if it has corrected itself. If it still hasn't, then I will have another one at 36 weeks. My doctor told me if it still hasn't gotten out of the way by then, it usually won't, so she will schedule me for a c-section at that time. I have kind of warmed up to the idea of a having one: no labor, picking birthdate, baby doesn't get cone head from being pushed out, but the recovery still doesn't sound like fun. A couple people who have had c-sections, though, tell me it's not that bad. We will see what happens. Only time will tell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I would think the better shape you are in at the time of the "delivery" the easier the recovery is. You're young and in good shape, it probably won't be too bad. The Lord doesn't give us anything we can't handle...even if we don't agree at the time we're given it (that's supposed to be comforting). *hugs*
Colby and I will fast and pray for you Miss Jen. Well I will at least. I almost forgot the Kid can't fast yet dang it...haha. So not far he can get away with not fasting. Seriously though we love u and u'll be in our prayers.
It's all good: healthy baby, healthy mama. keep truckin'
Thanks for all the support. :-D
Post a Comment